By Jose Luis Ortega
Academic se's: intends to run during the present landscape of the tutorial se's via a quantitative technique that analyses the reliability and consistence of those prone. the target is to explain the most features of those engines, to focus on their benefits and disadvantages, and to debate the results of those new items sooner or later of clinical conversation and their impression at the learn dimension and assessment. in brief, educational se's provides a precis view of the recent demanding situations that the net set to the clinical task during the so much novel and cutting edge looking out prone on hand on the net.
- This is the 1st method of study se's completely addressed to the learn group in an integrative guide. the newness, expectation and usability of a lot of those companies justify their analysis.
- This booklet isn't really in simple terms an outline of the internet functionalities of those prone; it's a clinical evaluation of the main amazing features of every platform, discussing their importance to the scholarly conversation and examine evaluation.
- This publication introduces an unique method according to a quantitative research of the coated information in the course of the broad use of crawlers and harvesters which permit getting in intensity into how those engines are operating. Beside of this, a close descriptive evaluation in their functionalities and a severe dialogue approximately their use for medical group is displayed.
Read or Download Academic search engines : a quantitative outlook PDF
Best library management books
Discusses the advantages of operating with teenagers to create technology-related library courses for them and for different consumers.
Please input product description
Study DEWEY DECIMAL class (Edition 22) First North American variation a realistic learn advisor For studying each element of Dewey Decimal class This mixed textual content and workbook covers the theories and rules of Dewey Decimal type after which bargains readers instant perform in placing the data to exploit.
Between public associations, the library has nice strength for assisting the bad and disenfranchised. for plenty of, the library is the single safe haven for info, literacy, leisure, language abilities, employment aid, loose laptop use or even security and defend. specialists Glen and Leslie Holt, with many years of provider to internal urban groups among them, problem librarians to do extra for terrible humans.
- Weeding Library Collections: Library Weeding Methods Fourth Edition
- Small Business and the Public Library: Strategies for a Successful Partnership
- Visualization of Categorical Data
- A new republic of letters : memory and scholarship in the age of digital reproduction
- The Collection's at the Core: Revitalize Your Library with Innovative Resources for the Common Core and STEM
Extra resources for Academic search engines : a quantitative outlook
Thus, this chapter describes the status of Scirus in August 2013 – the last time that the service was analysed. Web pages and authoritative sources As outlined above, Scirus contained a heterogeneous mix of documents and sources that could cause some confusion when searching. But at the same time it allowed the appreciation of a document by its origin. Scirus’s homepage stated that it included more than 575 million scientific items, but this only corresponded to web pages. 8 per cent of all the documents indexed by the search engine.
CiteSeerx also incorporates an author index that lets the user retrieve the names of those responsible for the indexed documents. , 2006). Each author result shows the name, name variants, affiliations, number of papers and, in some cases, a personal homepage. Each author result also provides access to more detailed information on the person, with a list of his/her publications and the h-index as a bibliometric indicator. But perhaps one of the most valuable characteristics is that the data can be edited and modified – merging similar names in the same profile, removing or adding 19 Academic Search Engines publications to the list, and correcting names and affiliations.
2007a). This task is performed with SVM HeaderParse. 6 shows two examples in which the extracted abstract processed by the parser does not exactly correspond to the real abstract of the documents – cutting text and displaying an incomplete summary. Something similar happens with article titles, some of which are not captured in the correct form, and it is not uncommon to find spurious and inexact titles such as ‘unknown title’, ‘title’, ‘contents’ and other unusual forms. 3 per cent) were found, which is a significant proportion.
Academic search engines : a quantitative outlook by Jose Luis Ortega