By Pamela S. Bacon
A career's worthy of artistic suggestions to difficulties and demanding situations quite often encountered at school libraries, this moment quantity to the best-selling a hundred Library Lifesavers provides one other a hundred ready-to-use lifesavers that can assist you remain on most sensible of your busy agenda and make your library glance reliable! pro college library media professional Pamela S. Bacon once more stocks functional, field-tested suggestion for nearly any activity. each one lifesaver features a short description, guidance (helpful feedback) and instruments (ready-to-use templates), in addition to an further function known as journeys (Internet links). Grades 6-12.
Read or Download 100 More Library Lifesavers: A Survival Guide for School Library Media Specialists PDF
Best library management books
Discusses some great benefits of operating with adolescents to create technology-related library courses for them and for different buyers.
Please input product description
Examine DEWEY DECIMAL type (Edition 22) First North American variation a realistic research advisor For studying each element of Dewey Decimal type This mixed textual content and workbook covers the theories and rules of Dewey Decimal type after which bargains readers quick perform in placing the knowledge to take advantage of.
Between public associations, the library has nice capability for assisting the terrible and disenfranchised. for lots of, the library is the single shelter for info, literacy, leisure, language abilities, employment aid, loose laptop use or even security and safeguard. specialists Glen and Leslie Holt, with many years of carrier to internal urban groups among them, problem librarians to do extra for bad humans.
- Information Literacy. Recognising the Need
- Forging the Future of Special Collections
- More Innovative Redesign and Reorganization of Library Technical Services
- Global Information Inequalities. Bridging the Information Gap
- School Libraries Matter: Views from the Research
- The Library Marketing Toolkit
Additional resources for 100 More Library Lifesavers: A Survival Guide for School Library Media Specialists
Does the student demonstrate critical thinking skills and problem solving? • Does the student know how to add the information to his or her own knowledge base? Standard 4: Pursues information related to personal interests • Does the student seek information related to hobbies? • Does the student access information to career or other personal interests? • Does the student use and create the best information found? Standard 5: Appreciates literature and other creative expressions of information • Does the student have average (or above average) reading ability?
R Discuss the purpose of the program. ). R Have students prepare questions in advance. 5. Test Equipment R Play around with the equipment before the session—you can’t break it! R Set up an interactive test session to ensure equipment is working properly. R Train students to run the equipment. 6. Call for Help! R If you have trouble, call the help desk—that’s what they’re there for. R Call the content provider and ask questions. 7. Follow Up R Fill out the session evaluation. R Be honest—this is how content providers improve.
7. Follow Up R Fill out the session evaluation. R Be honest—this is how content providers improve. 8. Always Have a Plan B! R As great as technology is, it isn’t foolproof! 9. Model Active Learning R Use distance learning yourself for your own professional development. 10. Have fun! Lifesaver Tool 10. Libby’s Lifesavers SS 2 ALL ABOARD! EXCEEDING THE STANDARDS Library Lifesaver 11 A STANDARD ABOVE: WHAT ARE THE STANDARDS, ANYWAY? Standards, standards, standards! Every time you turn around, someone is saying the “S” word!
100 More Library Lifesavers: A Survival Guide for School Library Media Specialists by Pamela S. Bacon